The Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) test determines the level of HCG hormones in the blood and urine. This test is mostly used to determine pregnancy in a woman. However, the HCG test can also be done to measure the exact amount of hormones is present in the body.
This proves vital during pregnancy, as the placenta makes HCG in the body and this test can identify its presence.
One of the roles that HCG plays is to help determine germ cell tumor. The germ cell tumors come either from the egg or sperm.
The very fact that the HCG is present is a warning that there has been an abnormal growth in a woman ‘s uterus, cancer of the uterus, or molar pregnancy.
Studies say this test is a must after a miscarriage, as it helps in determining a molar pregnancy, if any.
The HCG tests are also conducted for men. The presence of HCG in a man could lead to a cancer of the testicle.
How To Use HCG?
HCG is injected into a muscle or a thin layer of skin. The dosage of HCG can be taken either at home or at work. It is recommended to consult a doctor before the consumption of the dosage. Learn how to inject you before you opt for a work from home task. The right amount of dosage will help you achieve your goals in life.
Dispose off the used syringes and needles in a sterilized puncture-proof container. This proves a safety measure. While the medication is on, it is necessary to consult your doctor on a regular basis.
A note to keep in mind, avoid over-consumption by taking two doses at one time. The HCG medications are readily available online from single-dose, prefilled syringes. The HCG hormone helps you to conceive a child and thus should be avoided by already pregnant ladies.
Side Effects of HCG
Although this treatment treats infertility in women, if the treatment goes on for a longer period then it’s likely one must get the side effects too.
Changes such as allergic reactions, swelling of the lips, face, tongue or experience difficulty in breathing should be attended to immediately as it may cause later on. Similarly, redness, blood clotting, pain or numbness in the arm or leg, then stop taking the dose and consult your doctor, immediately.
Other important symptoms to check for:
- Stomach ache and puffiness
- Weight gain
- Pelvic pain
- Limited urine flow
If the symptoms mentioned above stays for longer, it is advised to consult the doctor immediately.
Most common side effects that do not have any severe consequences are:
- Mild swelling due to a rise in water levels in the body
- Restlessness and swelling in the breast
- Pain or irritation in the injected area
After understanding your medical history, your doctor will decide if you are fit to take HCG or no. HCG injections or other medications are not suitable for every person.
If you have the below health problems, then you must consider consulting your physician first before you decide to take human chorionic gonadotropin.
- Prostate cancer
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Kidney disorder
- Premature puberty condition
- High levels of thyroid
To avoid these unpleasant side effects make sure to understand the instructions of your doctor and also, consult the usage manual, which came with the medication. If you are thinking to buy Human chorionic gonadotropin online, research the best online pharmacy options for discounted rates.
Let’s take a look at all the common reasons for conducting a humanchorionic gonadotropin (HCG) test?
- Check for pregnancy
- Determine an ectopic pregnancy
- Check for a molar pregnancy
- To confirm if there is an increased chance of birth defects like Down syndrome
- Look for treatments for germ cell cancer. This cancer develops in the ovaries or testicles
What Are The Things That May Affect The Accuracy Of The Test?
The accuracy of the HCG test can be affected due to various reasons like:
- Getting an HCG urine test done within the first week of implantation can show negative results, even when you are pregnant. This is mainly because, HCG urine test not always shows an early pregnancy.
- Getting an HCG test done immediately after a miscarriage or therapeutic abortion can show positive results for up to 4 weeks, even when there is no pregnancy.
- If a woman has taken HCG injections to treat infertility, and she gets a test done, then the level may appear high, even if she is not pregnant.
- The results of the test may be affected if the container that you have used to give the urine sample is contaminated. The presence of blood in the urine sample or other things like soap can show an inaccurate result.
- If you are on medicines like diuretics and promethazine, then there are chances that the test may show false low HCG levels.
- Using medicines like heparin, Ambien, antipsychotics, and antinausea can also affect the accuracy of the test.
Hope, this article will help you to understand the importance of HCG test during pregnancy. If you liked it, please share it on your social profiles and do leave your valuable feedback, via comments. See you in next post, till then have a good day.