Every one of us would have experienced heartburn. Spicy food, coffee, chocolates, onions, and dishes with high fats and oils and certain medications are major culprits which cause heartburn.
Before you reach for the heavy-duty, prescription-strength medication, try one of these from 20 home remedies for heartburn for getting relief naturally. Medicines provides short-term relief, while natural remedies can help you to get rid of heartburn completely.
Home Remedies for Heartburn
- Almonds – Almonds which have oil content has the capability of neutralizing stomach acid so a handful of almonds can cure your heart burn in about 30 minutes
2. Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera juice that is prepared for internal use can be used in case of heartburn.
3. Apple cider vinegar-A mixture of half cup of water and two table spoons of apple cider vinegar can cure your heart burn.
4. Apples – Apples neutralize the acid in our stomach so by taking a slice of apple can reduce the burning sensation in our heart.
5. Baking soda – Baking soda mixed with a glass of water can neutralize acid and can neutralize acid and can alleviate heartburn.
6. Bananas – Fresh or dried bananas act as natural antacids and can cure heart burn.
7. Basil leaves– Basil leaves can combat heart burn so by chewing basil leaves one can cure heartburn.
8. Butter milk – Ice cold butter milk can give quick relief in case of heart burn as they can cure acid reflux problem.
9. Chewing gum – It accelerates the salivary flow rate and washes away the accumulated acid in the stomach.
10. Grapes – By eating 10 to 20 grapes one can get relief from heart burn.
11. Cinnamon Tea – Teas made from cinnamon can cure heartburn.
12. Fennel Tea – By adding two tea spoons of fennel seeds to one cup of boiling water we can prepare fennel tea after steeping it for ten minutes. This can give relief in case of heart burn.
13. Mustard – In case of acid reflux one can try 1 tsp of yellow mustard with about half glass of water.
14. Potato – Potato juice can neutralize the acid in your stomach and can also heal the lining of esophagus
15. Pineapple Juice – The enzyme bromelain present in pineapple control the level of hydrochloric acid in stomach so one can prefer pineapple in case of hyper acidity and heartburn.
16. Vegetable Juice – Juices made from raw potato, cabbage and celery are alkaline and can correct an acidic stomach and can give relief from heartburn.
17. Peppermint Oil – Peppermint oil mixed with water is a great cure for heart burn.
18. Chamomile Tea – Chamomile tea neutralizes stomach acid and can be used as a reliever in case of heart burn.
19. Ginger – One table spoon of ginger and lemon juice taken along with honey and warm water can cure heartburn.
20. Licorice – It promotes mucus release to the stomach and there by protects the stomach from acids.
Few Things That Must Be Kept in Mind By a Person Who Suffers from Heartburn
- Don’t wear tight clothes as they put pressure on abdomen.
- Don’t eat foods that trigger your heart burn.
- The person must quit smoking.
- The person must take a balanced food and must do regular exercise.
- The person must quit smoking.
- To stop acid reflux the person must go for regular exercise.
(If there is frequent heart burn then one must seek doctor’s help or else it would cause serious problem)