Students taking entrance examinations work hard and also study for longer periods. Because of studying for long hours, they may suffer with numerous health problems. Students may also face health problems both physical and mental, which may have long term effect on them. There are many other unpleasant health effects due to their hectic schedule.
Sometimes it is difficult to recognize exam stress and people misconceive. Therefore some of exam stress symptoms are:
- Excessive worry about upcoming exams
- Fear of being evaluated
- Apprehension about the consequences
- Experienced by many normal students
- Not mysterious or difficult to understand
- Manageable by following a plan of helpful suggestions
It is imperative to release stress during this time so as concentrate more. Here are a few things that you should eat during your preparation for entrance exam so as to release stress and feel more energized:
#1. Oats: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. And exam mornings can be quite stressful. Release off the early morning stress with a bowl of Oat meal. It helps you boosts positive energy and enhances production of serotonin, a chemical that makes you happy.
#2. Banana: Rich in Vitamin C, bananas help in stress fighting. They help in repairing the damaged cells, due to the exam stress.
#3. Yogurt: Calcium is effective in releasing stress, yogurt is loaded with calcium hence it relieves stress.The good bacteria available in yogurt help to kill anxiety and depression.
#4. Coconut: Coconuts holds medium chain fats that improve mental health and instills positive energy. It is good in all variety as water, flesh, oil or butter. The fragrance of the coconut is known to have a psychological effect that helps weaken anxiety and tones down the ‘fight or flight’ response when faced with a stressful situation.
#5. Citrus Fruits: Oranges and kiwis are rich sources of vitamin C which helps in combating the stress. Also, Fruits have natural sugar which de-stresses the mind in a healthy way.
#6. Herbal Tea: Chamomile tea, jasmine tea, tulsi tea and other herbal variants of tea act like medicine in calming and relaxing the stressful mind.
#7. Almonds: Almonds are packed with vitamin B2, vitamin E, magnesium, and zinc. Vitamin B and magnesium are involved in the production of serotonin, which helps control mood and relieve stress. Zinc fights some of the negative effects of stress, while vitamin E is an antioxidant that obliterates the free radicals related to stress and heart disease.
These are some great suggestions of healthy foods for students during exams. To get the above food items at affordable prices you may refer to a various number of Online Shopping websites for grocery shopping.
Sometimes, people go through so much anxiety that they have to take anti anxiety pills. There are many anti anxiety pills available, however one should not take it without doctor’s prescription as even 1mg anti anxiety medicines are also enough but high dosage can cause serious side effects.
It’s okay to have exam stress, and to cope with it is important. So here are a few points that you should keep in mind that DO NOT help in coping exam stress:
- Set Realistic goals: Set your goals which can be achieved and which are not unrealistic. No one can revise 10 topics a day! Avoid setting these goals, so that your day doesn’t end in disappointment. Also know your concentration span, and set breaks according to your concentration span and not according to how your peers set their goals.
- Don’t completely shut down yourself from enjoyment: It’s appealing to decide you’ll just knuckle down to work and “focus”, but this is counterproductive – it’s impossible to focus without giving your brain rest by doing other activities.
- Avoid stimulants: Caffeine, alcohol and drugs hinder your energy and concentration in the long term. It’ll also make it more difficult to get that much-needed sleep.
- Avoid previous result to dishearten you: Once, you start studying for your exams don’t think about your previous performance, as it will just increase you stress.
Lastly, if you’re feeling weighed down or are finding it hard to cope with the stress around exams, make sure you get some support.